Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2010 escape, of course the rear hatch latch and rotted

Customer Question
2010 escape, of course...

2010 escape, of course the rear hatch latch and rotted window hinges. that's an easy fix. how i'm wondering if that's worth the effort due to possible transmission problem. It happens intermittently. It will "clunck" and pull to the right slightly. The clunck comes from front right of the vehicle. also i believe there might be a problem with the traction control. has a hard time going up a hill similar vehicles have no problem. Could these be related

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Not sure, Its a friend of mines

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't dug into it to far yet. researching common problems online. the owner of the vehicle also read forums of unhappy people with the same vehicle with similar problems and claim that there is problems with that particular transmission design causing the problem. My experience has been that mechanicaly things seem to last a long time. It usually seems to come down to a sensor these days. She wants to sell this vehicle cheap just to get rid of it because of what she read. I believe with a little research that it might be an easy fix. Is their any common sensor failures either in the transmission or in the traction control that may cause these symptoms that you are aware?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all i got right now. I don't have a heated garage and temps have been to low for me to dig into it farther

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
1/4/2018
Ford Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 1 month ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

do any warning lights come on?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician