Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ihave a 2012 ford f150 with out a plow package ive been told…

Customer Question
Ihave a 2012 ford...

Ihave a 2012 ford f150 with out a plow package ive been told not to put a plow on it what problems will I encounter if I do

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No problems yet plow is installed but im told I may have problems with the electric assisted steering due to to much draw on the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

All is fine right not battery good no leaks.concerned abt after I use it for several hrs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
1/4/2018
Ford Mechanic: CTFordTech, Ford Technician replied 7 months ago
CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you today.

How do you plan on using the plow? For residential/personal use or for business use?

personal use. no more than 2 hrs at a time.

Thank you. And were you told why you should not put a plow on your truck?

ford doesn't recommend it

Yes, Ford does not recommend for commercial use because the trucks are just not built for the abuse, but for residential use, you will be ok plowing. Also being an F150 and you said you just want to use it for residential use, you can purchase a light duty plow. I wouldn't go putting a 8' steel plow on the truck. They make smaller 5-6' plows that will work just fine for the F150.

thankyou

Your welcome. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.