Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My 1968 ford mustang just had front end work, ball joint…

Customer Question
My 1968 ford mustang...

My 1968 ford mustang just had front end work, ball joint control arms, aligement, but still feels sloppy and im hearing metal on metal over bumps, could this be shocks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ball joints, tie rods idler arm and still mal=king metal on metal

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

Customer:###-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Who much does this cost

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
1/4/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Shocks do not support any weight, that would most likely mean weak springs.

If you have play in the steering, you may have a worn out steering gear box.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sounds like I need new springs thanks I look into that

You are welcome and Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit. If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That’s ok I called a friend an. He is going to help me with the springs. Thank you

ok

Here are those instructions,

Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit. If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician