Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Its a kia 2.2 eng one injector quite noisy. is it safe to…

Customer Question
Its a kia 2.2...

Its a kia 2.2 eng one injector quite noisy. is it safe to drive? dealer sai8d its ok last july. love a 2nd opinion..

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2011 sorento

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing ...just worried about it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just wanna know if its ok to keep driving it this way

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/4/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Just to be clear, you have a noisy fuel injector?

If it's simply a noisy injector, then the answer is yes, it's safe to drive. If the injector fails you will notice a misfire on the engine. This won't leave you stranded or damage anything at all, so yes, feel free to drive the car.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!