Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2001 ford explorer V6: cranks fine but starts only

Customer Question
2001 ford explorer V6...

2001 ford explorer V6: cranks fine but starts only intermittently. Once started it runs fine, until turned off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes, and yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. have not tried

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. 2001 ford explorer V6: cranks fine but starts only intermittently. Once started it runs fine, until turned off.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

do you have to keep trying to start it until it finally catches?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
8, 10, or 12 tries sometimes

ok,do you know where the starter relay is?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
David - sorry, cancel this. I thought it was $5, not $31, pls cancel and have a good evening

you pledged 28.00 for a satisfactory answer. I recommend reading the policy next time. thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i’ll read the fine print more carefully nect time
Ron, ASE Certified Technician