Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2008 f250 diesel will not start. dash is dead except for…

Customer Question
My 2008 f250 diesel...

My 2008 f250 diesel will not start. dash is dead except for the airbag light

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

One 30amp fuse is bad for the trailer brakes and I haven't checked under the front passenger side yet. I'm stuck at home from a head injury so I need a ride to the automotive store

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've cleaned the terminals, charged the batteries, checked the fuses under the hood, and ran my OBD2 scanner. Also, I disconnected the thick wire by the air intake and ran 12v from the batter. Engine will turn over but not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is everything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
1/4/2018
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 7 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Did you have any codes when you scanned it?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!