Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

It about 5 degrees outside ,trk has 22,302 miles on it(2008…

Customer Question
It about 5 degrees...

It about 5 degrees outside ,trk has 22,302 miles on it(2008 f350 lariet 4 door dually) hardly ever used in winter ,started blowing excessive exhaust smoke, intermittently appears to be bluish ,seems to happen after decelerating and then accelerating for a couple of miles ,and then clears up,nothing at idle and nothing at high idle ,no faults or regen lights on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

Don't mean to be ignorant , but what how would doors effect exhaust?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F350?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just started issue ,this trk is like new only 22,300 and hardly driven in winter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Boost pressure appears normal and eng temp is normal ,as is power appears okay

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
1/4/2018
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 1 month ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, many people right now are having issues with their fuel filters plugging up with the colder temperatures/gelling. This can cause a lack of fuel delivery and intermittent drivability problems as you are describing. Make sure you fuel filters are clean, there is no water in the fuel concerns. A fuel additive may help this gelling issue. Make sure no diagnostic trouble codes are stored (even with the check engine light off). If there is any performance modifications like a tuner installed, you may want to cycle the settings to stock and back.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sorry,new fuel filters just serviced less than 1000 miles ago ,no starting issues, no power issues, boost pressure appears okay,what color smoke appears if egr valve is hanging up or sticking?
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I see you opted out the other tech.

Can I take a shot at this for you?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician