Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Ford. Your tabs do not change. But maybe I can get…

Customer Question
I have a Ford...

I have a Ford. Your tabs do not change. But maybe I can get an answer from the Chevy guy. I need to know how often the four wheel fluid must be flushed from a Ford 250 Super Duty diesel, if ever.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

Engine is 5 years old, serviced regularly. Last May most recently.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F-250 Super Duty?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-250 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. It was recommended. I have had many trucks in the past and can't remember anyone recommending this to me before.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just this issue for now.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/3/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Are you referring to the front and rear differential fluids?

It was referred as four wheel fluid, but I believe you are correct.
No. I am not doing the repair. I have had many trucks in the past and do not recollect doing this service previously.

The usually means both the front and rear differentials as well as the transfer case, a lot of shops try to upsell this service but Ford recommends it be done at 150,000 miles. Most folks do it at 100,000. That comes down to you. You fine at either rate till 150K.

See the Factory schedule in the link below for reference as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8l5q89rsoftln9/Main%20Jan%203.pdf?dl=0