Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My Ford Fusion 2013 energi battery died. I can't get at the…

Customer Question
My Ford Fusion 2013...

My Ford Fusion 2013 energi battery died. I can't get at the battery in the trunk.

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

It won't open the FOBS don't work. The dealer's mechanic said there are cable posts under the hood I could jump the car with. Where are they?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to get the battery charged. I really haven't "tried" anything. I used the manual key to enter the car and went to pop the trunk but that doesn't work because there is no power in the car. That's when I popped the hood and call the dealer mechanic who said I could charge the battery from under the hood even though the battery is in the trunk but I can't find the battery posts he was referring to

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
1/3/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Under the hood, you can connect the jumper cables or charger to the large red wire to the starter or to the battery junction box (fuse box) on the driver's fender. Then connect the ground to the chassis or to the engine on metal. Now you can open the trunk.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician