Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ignition key won't turn it is a 2007 f150. I can turn the…

Customer Question
Ignition key won't turn...

Ignition key won't turn it is a 2007 f150

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

I can turn the wheel, it is not locked have tried both keys one used one almost new

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself if I can if not ford garage, at minus 1 this morning I didn't try to much

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That about covers it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/3/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

I would try jingling the shift lever if you can hit the override and get it into neutral and try with some force to put it back into park and see if something changes

when you say hit the override what exactly are referring to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzc9_Z--ob8

hit that button and slam it back into park and try to turn the key

hows it coming?

hello?