Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No Disc" 2015 Fusion. Not a computer geek. Just updated my…

Customer Question
Quot;No Disc" Mechanic's Assistant:...

Quot;No Disc"

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2015 Fusion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not a computer geek

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just updated my connection and see I have a Field Service notice about EPS Motor Bolts. Important?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

8900

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
1/3/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 3 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Can you give me the VIN# ***** I can check Fords Database?
Does the rest of the SYNC/audio system work ok?

3FAPOHD5FR166722 While trying to set destination it tells me "no disc" and sends out music disc.

Double check the VIN#. You left out a digit. It should be 17 digits long.

3FA6POHD5FR166722 While trying to set destination it tells me "no disc" and sends out music disc. Sorry for goof. 90 years old and still fighting old age.

Thank you. I needed to make sure your Fusion came with a touch screen, which is does. How many miles does your Fusion have on it?

Below is a generic letter Ford would have sent out to your for the recall 15R01 EPAS motor bolts which are bolts that attach the electrical motor to the steering gear rack and pinion. We inspect them and then replace them and apply a sealer on the new bolts. Also inspect the rack for cracks in the housing.

Sorry, that link did not work. Try this one below.

3FA6POHD5FR166722 While trying to set destination it tells me "no disc" and sends out music disc. Sorry for goof. 90 years old and still fighting old age'
I leased this car in November 1994. Shortly after that the dealer took it in for a factory recall for whatever reason. Do we not know if this hasn't been checked?

The recall would have no effect on the navigation system. I looked at the warranty history and there was only one recall done on January 19, 2015. And it was for the Instrument cluster reprograming.

I know the GPS has nothing to do with the recall,,,,we're talking about two different things. On recall I can talk to dealer. What's with GPS?

You will either need to get the touchscreen recalibrated or there is an issue with one of the SYNC/audio components.

A. Penland
A. Penland