Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just put in new battery and now starter seems locked. just…

Customer Question
Just put in new...

Just put in new battery and now starter seems locked. just clicks when key is turned

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Yes in park. not sure about wheel lock feature. how do I find that?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 ford escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself. I haven't tried anything yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I don"t think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
1/3/2018
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 7 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Does it click once or multiple times?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

thank you but we have solved the problem. please cancel and do not charge my visa.

You are most welcome!