Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Seems my anti theft system is engaged and now none of my…

Customer Question
Good morning, seems my...

Good morning, seems my anti theft system is engaged and now none of my keys will start 2005 ford escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes, yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried reprogramming per manual. only issue is only one fob but 3 keys

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, vehicle is being donated today and need it to start

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
svcs no longer required as i need to leave for work; they will just have to tow vehicle. thank you
1/3/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .the reason we do that is to take any residual power in the wiring harness to try to reset the modules ,and there will be no spark created touching them since we took battery power source out of the loop by taking both cables off

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables ,Positive cable First

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

if not ,

You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the Vehicle modules and based on these fault codes we can pull up a Pin Point troubleshoot
and be accurate on it ,If you do get it scanned ,you can post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Ron, ASE Certified Technician