Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

PO542 KEEPS COMING UP.WHERE IS IT AND HOW CAN I FIX IT. 2000…

Customer Question
COD PO542 KEEPS COMING...

COD PO542 KEEPS COMING UP.WHERE IS IT AND HOW CAN I FIX IT

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2000 F350 POWEWER 7.3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES JUST CLEAREWD TRHE CODS

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I run a edge programer

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/3/2018
Ford Mechanic: Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician replied 6 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician

Hello, I am Randall. Most of the time when that code is set? it refers to the manifold air intake heater, I suspect the hear has failed. Not too difficult to change, I have attached a couple files. One is a full description and the other is a repair file. Its does not hurt anything to drive, It is only there to control idle smoke on long idle durations, Here are the file links below

Rate my service by using the stars at the top of the page. Just Answer can only compensate me for my time and resources after feedback rating thus rating is required . Rating includes any follow-up questions you may have once you leave feedback rating. Free trials and member questions still require a service rating
Thank you so much!Randall