Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Calibrating oscm 2012 f 150. F 150 ecoboost. Changing oscm…

Customer Question
Calibrating oscm 2012 f...

Calibrating oscm 2012 f 150

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Ford?

F 150 ecoboost

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changing oscm

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
i put a new passenger seat from a 2104 f 150 that had been in a collisin the seat seems perfect but now i have an airbag light on my dash that wont go away
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I have a code of U3000 :54
the first code i had was BooAo 688B then i put original oscm in an new code apeared
hello?
1/3/2018
Ford Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

ideally the next step would be to plug in a scan tool that can read body codes , so you can identify the issue but its more than likely that its going to be the new seat and its airbags

I'd say the 1st thing to do is use a meter to measure the resistance of each airbag circuit on your old seat and then compare that to the new seat

as if you have 1 bag thats a higher resistance on the new seat then this can trigger the diagnostic fault on the air bag control unit

also well worth double checking the pin-out on the seat connector is the same and that the seat wiring harness is not chafed or damage in any way

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt