Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Battery dead how do you remove battery cover 2013 ford

Customer Question
Battery dead how do...

Battery dead how do you remove battery cover 2013 ford escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

No cannot remove battery cover

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

To remove battery cover

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Battery dead

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 6 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

BATTERY

Battery

Removal and Installation

WARNING: Before beginning any service procedure, refer to Safety Warnings in General Information. See: Testing and Inspection\Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury.

Disconnect the battery. Refer to Battery Disconnect See: Battery Disconnect.

Remove the ACL (Air Cleaner) assembly.

3.

4.

5.

To install, tighten to 8 Nm (71 lb-in).

To install, reverse the removal procedure.

If installing a new battery, use the scan tool to carry out the Battery Monitoring System (BMS) reset after the battery is connected.