Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2009 mercury mariner, the front and rear wipers…

Customer Question
I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 mercury mariner, the front and rear wipers work however the fluid will not come out, I have checked to make sure the hole is free on any junk that may clog it, made sure the wiper fluid holder is full but still it wont work. Is is possible that it is a fuse ??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

The wipers work just not the fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mariner yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to fix it myself, however if it isn't an easy fix i will take it in

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ty

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron Z., - Ford Tech - replied 6 months ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and type out my reply. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!

On this vehicle, the front and rear washer use the same washer fluid pump. Unfortunately, this washer pump is not fuse protected, so this will not be the case of a blown fuse. Sounds like this is going to be an issue with the fluid pump itself. To gain access, remove the passenger's side front wheel and the wheel well liner. Once inside, the pump is mounted to the bottom of the fluid reservoir. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If no problems are found, replace the washer pump. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating my answer does not cost you extra.

Were there any other questions I could help you with today?

Would you like the repair manual procedure to replace the washer pump?