Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

In the Colder Weather my ignition seems to be sticking. The…

Customer Question
In the Colder Weather...

In the Colder Weather my ignition seems to be sticking. The switch will not turn

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery lately?

Not lately no it seems seems to be starting up just fine. I replaced it about a year ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2015 F250 Super Duty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-250 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried to shift the steering wheel back and forth while turning the key. I have tried tapping lightly on the key as I tried to turn the ignition. I'm about to try to put a space heater inside the cab to see if I can get it going.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

to confirm you have a mechanical tumbler style ignition?

Any clues?
Hello
Wasting my time