Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 ford expedition and the pcm power relay fuse…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 ford expedition and the pcm power relay fuse getting hot melting and blowing the fuse when I turn the truck off it won't start back until I replace the fuse then it starts & no problem for a few days sometimes weeks. Can you help me please?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

One hundred thousand miles, and yes till the fuse blows.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying to fix it myself, all I've done is change the fuse and was told at the part store my #1 lean was bad and I bought a o2 sensor to put on it, but haven't put it on yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Can you give me that actual number of the fuse that is blowing? Is it the #23 fuse?