Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Radio wont come on, clock blinking. Radio came on one day…

Customer Question
Radio wont come on...

Radio wont come on, clock blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Yes, radio came on one day and the next day out again

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2012 f150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried disconnecting the battery, checked for relays and wiring

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

so the radio unit is mostly dead except for the click blinking?

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

thanks for confirming.

in that case it is unfortunately just a faulty radio - it will need to be replaced.

sorry to have bad news but I trust that my honest and prompt reply is appreciated.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.