Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 Excursion 7.3 Ran over a tool box in the road. after…

Customer Question
2002 Excursion 7.3...

2002 Excursion 7.3 Ran over a tool box in the road. after that I noticed oil coming out pretty fast out of the crankcase valley cover hole.(the plate between the tranny and oil pan...it goes up vertically and snugs up against the oil pan. I dont think its a rear main seal because it happened right after I hit that metal box in the road. What could that be? High pressure oil pump lines?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Months ago...dont drive it much

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Excursion yourself? What have you tried so far?

No...it just happened......pretty big leak

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No...thats it...thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
1/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I need to confirm are you leaking engine oil or transmission oil?