Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I went to get an oil change and evidently the last oil

Customer Question
I went to get...

I went to get an oil change and evidently the last oil change was done and the mechanic had stripped and jammed the oil plug back in to the oil pan. The oil change place I now took it to did not want to remove the plug in case they could not get it back in.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

About 10 months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Ford?

It is a 2005 Ford 500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I was hoping to take it to a mechanic to see if they can remove the plug and put a repair 'adaptor' plug in, possibly rethreading to a slightly larger dia hole or ???

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 8 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

ok

there are repairs for the plugs that do not require replacing the pan there are oversize self tapping plugs and rubber plugs.

any shop can do this for you

Roy

I should make sure I work with someone that is willing to do that plug replacement and to beware of a shop that tells me I need to replace the oil pan correct?

the pan replacement is the preferred repair but many shops are willing to work with you to help save money.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

do you have any other questions