Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Anti theft system won’t let me turn the key to dart I’m lock…

Customer Question
Anti theft system won’t...

Anti theft system won’t let me turn the key to dart I’m lock out

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

No it’s on a 2006 Ford Fusion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dart yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am trying to fix it my self I’ve try charging the battery then I disconnected the negativity for 15 minuets re attached it and I pulled the fuse and put it back

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can’t move past the initial part were I put the key in

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/1/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Anti-theft cannot prevent key turning. Anti-theft prevents the vehicle from starting by disabling the signal to the starter relay and or the fuel system. A key not able to turn means the key is worn down or the tumblers in the lock cylinder are worn down or the steering is locked. Set the parking brake and use a jack to raise both front tires off the ground then try to get the key to turn. If that too fails then the ignition cylinder must be replaced and built to match your key code.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

How much would it cost

At a dealer this repair could range from 120-600$

Ok I’ll try the jake thing but if that doesn’t work any others tricks
This is for. 2006 Ford Fusion

If the jack does not work, then it is not the steering lock to blame meaning it is the ignition cylinder or key.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician