Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 Ford Fiesta. Battery died and just replaced it. Orange…

Customer Question
2013 Ford Fiesta. Battery...

2013 Ford Fiesta. Battery died and just replaced it. Orange wrench light is on battery light still lit and radio displays transmission prob svc immediately..doesn't want to shift and is jerky no trans prob before changing battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?

I don't have the manual and don't know the code..hit ok and it went away

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had no probs before today.. it's -33degrees. Battery was dead so I went to the auto parts store and had them replace it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The msg is on again on the radio. No code. Just transmission malfunction svc now.. I'm in a parking lot at negative 33 degrees. Am I gonna hurt it trying to drive home? Am I safe

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/1/2018
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Ford master tech and I would be happy to answer this for you.

This is a common issue on the automatic transmission Fiesta and Focus models. The transmission module saves low power codes when the battery dies/is replaced, and it puts itself into a safe mode. You can clear this by using a scanner to delete the trouble codes. The auto parts store should be able to do that for you free of charge :)