Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Wont go into gear turn key off and on and it will. 2008 its…

Customer Question
Wont go into gear...

Wont go into gear turn key off and on and it will

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

2008 its not that it wont go in gear it is like drops out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Ford?

2008 ford explorer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am I have changed the filter and fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have po755 codes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
1/1/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So I have a test flow chart for that is you have a multimeter and are pretty proficient in electrical testing you will be able to find out what the issue is

I'm a ase-certified Technician and work for Federal Express I've been working on this vehicle for the last 2 weeks I drove it 100 miles today got ready to back up to the Gas Pump and no reverse I have a Solus scanner hooked to the vehicle everything seems to be working fine got ready to back up to the gas pump no reverse wrench light on the dash I know that it's electrical I just can't find it what's most common on these Ford's is what I'm looking for I know the plug in the top of the transmission that hooks to the solenoids the air conditioning drains down in it and corrodes it but I haven't found anything yet I've looked at that

that would be the first place I would have said but you got that, so next is the valve body that is usually a problem give me a just a min ill get you the flow chart for that

It will only not go in gear when the vehicle is at operating temperature it will not do it cold it will also set the codes if the vehicle is just sitting outside warming up no gear has been shifted the vehicle is still in park it throws all four selenoid codes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7tv91jaa5xvx67/mon4.docx?dl=0

hows it coming?

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician