Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to replace serpentine belt on my F550 v10 6.8 liter…

Customer Question
I need to replace...

I need to replace serpentine belt on my F550 v10 6.8 liter motorhome please send me a diagram to by pass the ac compressor

Mechanic's Assistant: What shape is the serpentine belt in? Is it cracked, shiny, or frayed? And have you ever replaced one?

New belt and no not on this motorhome

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F550?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes Stuck at truck stop with bad ac compressor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I bought listed belt for by passing the ac compressor for this unit. I need to know how to install belt

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
That is not what ours looks like
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago

HI,

I had to find that one from Dayco. Ford does not have a diagram to bypass the compressor.

I will opt out and see if another expert has a different one

Ford Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 7 months ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1apa57ki9x0jfz7/0101-rv-Accessory%20Drive%20Belt.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/1apa57ki9x0jfz7/0101-rv-Accessory%20Drive%20Belt.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help