Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Drove to gas station. Filled tank. Now electrical system is…

Customer Question
Drove to gas station...

Drove to gas station. Filled tank. Now electrical system is going crazy. Door locked on its own. Can't get in. All lights are on on dash without key in car. Key fob doesn't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Hi. I can't get into the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Station?

2014 EDGE 53K miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?

What do you mean by station?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should do it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
1/1/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you tired using the physical key in the door?

I don't have the key. It's in the car.

well theres not a lot of options you can get a door unlock kit at the auto parts store and the jam bag thats pretty cheap, call a tow, call a lock smith or get the 2nd key

I have both key fobs. Neither work. Car is dead. Had it towed to the Ford dealer.

ok