Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I Have a anti theft flash no start. 1996 GT XX. I had the…

Customer Question
I Have a anti...

I Have a anti theft flash no start

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1996 GT XX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GT yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had the wheel lock up locksmith jammed screw driver into the ignition switch turned to on and removed switch put new switch in wit same key, thats when flashing started it was running fine untill then

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I did the 3 times 15 to try and program the key but no luck

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/1/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Is this a Mustang GT?

Yez
I wanted to diagnose the transceiver and was checking continuity through board to ribbon and when I post the key on it will I show continuity to all three ribbons or should I show rf out

Let me look up the info on this model, give me a moment.

When he turned the screw driver that is when the code triggered

Has a scan tool been used to see which B codes are stored?

Was the transceiver damaged during the prior repair?

No I’m stranded I called 3 Locksmith’s with holidays I can’t get anyone, I tried to find a transceiver local but no luck, being a HVAC tech I was carefully looking at it, i got continuity from the ground wire up terminal 1 of the ribbon and on the middle but nothing on the third. And looking at it I cannot see any physical breaking so checking it and wanted to see if it was actually communicating or tring too
once he turned key with screw driver and set the alarm off, is it stuck in the module? And has to be reset?
That’s is the only thing he should have killed power to the car first
Right now I have negative disconnected left ignition switch on then removed module tring to pull all power from resistors and module hoping I clear the code.

Turn the key to the run position and monitor the theft light for me and tell me what it does.

• THEFT Indicator ON two seconds, then OFF
  • THEFT Indicator ON two seconds, then OFF one second, then ON continuously
  • THEFT Indicator ON two seconds, then flash for one minute, then flash diagnostic trouble code 16 ten times
  • THEFT Indicator flashes for one minute
  • THEFT Indicator flashes for 15 minutes
But I needed to know what pin connections to check to know if my issue is in the reciever or module? I have access to another module but not reciever
The battery light?

There are no power or ground tests to do at the module or transceiver that will result in this being resolved. Can you respond to my last post?

Give me 5 min to hook it back up
Ok battery light is on and theft light blinked steady for about a minute
Went out now battery light on and brake light but always has been on needs adjustment or cleaned
It actually flashes fast for 1 min exactly
To the transceiver I’m not getting 12 volts but it’s the same rf power and signal reciever is good ground or light brown ohms steady 40 and dark brown should be transmit signal, and the ohms are jumping
I have another transceiver but it came out of a 98?

Sorry, you closed your post. It was late and I waited for 15 minutes, got no reply so I went to bed.