Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2010 f150 giving EATC error codes 10 and 82

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 f150 giving EATC error codes 10 and 82 wondering what they indicate.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

145,000 and the code is displayed by self test at the head controller buttons.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to determine if the issue with ventilation is the exact controller unit or the blend door actuators

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not exact controller, sorry auto correct EATC controller

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
1/1/2018
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 4 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, besides having these codes stored, is there anything not working properly with the system?

To be more clear I have a 2010 F150 which is stuck blowing warm air DS and cold air PS. When I raise or lower the temp settings for either side there is no noise like a broken gear in the area of the blend door actuators. I am hoping the problem is the controller. I have a Lariat with the max system.

Ok so the issue is only with the drivers side not changing temperature correct? The passenger side does go from cold to hot ok?

I can adjust blower speed and it shows temp numbers going up or down but no changes in air temp at output.
Sorry Lariat with navigation system not max system.

Ok if the drivers side is the only side with an issue then the drivers side blend door motor needs to be replaced. The 2 digit code format isnt supported as an accurate readout on this model year. The only bad thing about this repair is they want you to pull the complete heater/ac box out to change the drivers side blend door actuator because its on the bottom of the ac box so that means pulling the dash. Huge job. I have done them in the vehicle but they are very difficult to replace without possibly breaking something.

No, driver and passenger sides are stuck in their unique temperatures, neither adjusts. Passenger side started a month ago and driver side worked up until a couple days ago and it now has the same problem as the passenger side. As I said though there are stuck at different blends/temperatures.
Are you confident it is the motors. They don’t make a sound like they are trying to work when you adjust temperature and perhaps the gearing is broken. I know the repair you are talking about and it requires dash removal, not a DYI project. Any chance it is the controller unit in dash with is a couple hundred dollars?

Ok both may have failed in their respective positions. You would need to use a scan tool to check the operation of the HVAC module and see if it is getting an input from the temperature control knobs. The passenger side blend door motor is behind the radio and accessed through that and the behind the glove box. I would try to disconnect the battery to reset the climate control panel. If it operates the same, replace the passenger blend door motor first. If that gets that side going, then you know you need to do the drivers side as well. Or have it brought to a shop to evaluate the system. The motors are a very comon failure, either they stop working or they strup and make noise. If the controller in the dahs needs replaced it needs to be reprogrammed by a dealer for it to work. Those contorllers arent cheap either. Close to 500.00

Do you need more help with this concern?

Thank you, ***** ***** try disconnecting the battery out of novelty and then explore testing the top side actuator or just take it in for diagnostic. Happy New year.

You are welcome and Happy New year to you as well. Sometimes that resets the EATC module. Indicating it should be updated/reflashed by a dealer. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans