Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Once pulling tensioner and alternator bolts out alternator…

Once pulling tensioner and...

Once pulling tensioner and alternator bolts out alternator still wont come dont want to pry onit and crack housingwhats the best way to get it out 2013 ford f150 5.0 engine

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

134000 automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes tried wiggling it out and still wouldnt roll out

12/31/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have the tensioner removed and both the bolts removed from the alternator it is just wedged into place.I have come across this several times before and had to use a small pry bar to work it free.This was a common issue unfortunately as it can bind like this and had to carefully be pried out to remove it.Below is the factory replacement procedure.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7u0loglopu5xw6f/alt-12-31.pdf?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician
please send belt diagrams
STANDBY THANK YOU

Your welcome