Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

It won’t start. It’s a 2010 powerstroke with a code of U0101…

Customer Question
It won’t start. It’s...

It won’t start. It’s a 2010 powerstroke with a code of U0101 on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes I just checked them and all the fuses. Got battery charger on it as well to keep the batteries up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Ford F-250 powerstroke 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes tried checking all fuses and battery terminals

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is has a tune on it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
12/31/2017
Ford Mechanic: 6Bucs, Ford Senior Master replied 1 month ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master
Hello and thanks for your question. My name is***** work done on the truck recently?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Ok, that code is set when the instrument cluster loses communication with the transmission control module. You can try unplugging the connectors at the module under the hood to inspect for any loose connector pins, corrosion, or water intrusion, if nothing is found to be problematic, the network communication and programming are going to need to be checked with the factory IDS diagnostic equipment.

Let me know what you find.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Unplugged them and they look good
Any difference in starting?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No the connection on the pcm TCM were good
The module communication and calibration is going to have to be checked with a laptop with Ford copyrighted diagnostic software.
6Bucs
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master