Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2008 ford ranger 2.5tdci turn over but will not start the…

Customer Question
My 2008 ford ranger...

My 2008 ford ranger 2.5tdci turn over but will not start the mechanic said their is no check engine light on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It does not come on when the ignition is turned on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

The vehicle is in my yard and mechanic is trying to fix it , he is looking around for fuse boxes to check fuses , how many fuse boxes are in this vehicle.?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/31/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

I missed that this was a diesel, this was not made in the US. I will opt out

Ford Mechanic: Christopher Jirak,
 replied 6 months ago
Christopher Jirak

H​ello My name is***** am a diesel Tech here in the states. Although your vehicle is not here in the US. the mechanics are the similar and I can try to help if you would like.

Ford Mechanic: Christopher Jirak,
 replied 6 months ago

M​y first question, have you checked your fuel quality and condition? check the fuel pressure you will need low side fuel pressure and high side pressure.

Ok I am waiting.
That was not an helpful answer you ask me a question and now you want me to pay the same price for phone call. I feel ripped off.
Ford Mechanic: Christopher Jirak,
 replied 6 months ago

I​f you are experiencing a crank No start, No dtcs present and have performed a quick visual inspection of the fuses. Verify your fuel quality and pressures. Note this is not a dealer practice, but if you squirt a shot of starting or either fluid in the intake(not a lot) and crank over the motor. will act like it wants to start or possible run for a short period and die? I am trying to establish an under standing of your current situation and concern in order to better assist you. thank you