Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 Taurus SEL-- no heat on passenger side. Trying to

2001 Taurus SEL-- no...

2001 Taurus SEL-- no heat on passenger side. Trying to replace the passenger side actuator but having a hard time getting to it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

All that is fine.. I get good heat on the driver's side.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to fix it myself. Disconnected the battery for 10 minutes. Tried cycling on/off/heat/ac. Removed the glove box to find the actuator.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Do I have to remove the dash or is ther an easier way to replace the actuator?

12/31/2017
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok what have you done so far???

Disconnected the battery for 10 minutes.
cycled thru on/off/ac/heat several times.
Googled the problem - all points to the actuator for the passenger side.
removed the glove box & located the actuator

ok, is this automatic climate control or manual??

Roy

I think manual but it's a SEL. Dual climate controls that display the temp on the dash. Has rear heat that also is running cold & heated seats.

ok,

No - I think this picture is of the bled door actuator that is easy to replace. The one I am talking about is to the left side of the glove box hidden behind a wiring harness cover. It onl has two mounting screws ans the connector is on the top.

the blend door actuator is the one that controls the heat. this is the one you need to replace.

the one you are referring to is the mode door actuator for the defrost, vent and floor modes

Roy

Why do I have heat on the driver's side but not the passenger side?

because the blend door motor on the drivers side is working correctly. the passenger side blend door motor is not functioning and is not moving the blend door to allow heat

Roy

Do you mean the actuator that is directly behind the glove box, very easy to get to?

this is the procedure for the blend door actuator. It goes with the picture I attached

Roy

REMOVAL
1. Remove the integrated control panel.

Zoom/Print

2. Remove the right-side lower instrument panel insulator and glove box.

VEHICLES WITH EATC

3. Remove the 2 remote climate control module screws and position the module aside.

Zoom/Print

4. Remove the temperature blend door linkage shield.

Zoom/Print

5. Remove the temperature blend door actuator.
1 Disconnect the electrical connector.
2 Remove the screws.
3 Remove the temperature blend door actuator.

passenger blend door actuator

Roy

where to I find instruction to remove the integrated control panel and right side instrument panel insulator

that was only if you had auto control which you do not.

just remove the glove box and it should be right there

the lower panel is held by a couple of screws

Roy

Mine is just like the picture I sent. I just realized I sent the incorrect year in my initial question. I have a 2011 not a 2001.
I apologize.

wow, big change let me check

ok drop the glove box and it is right there.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
ok

thank you

I see you reposted

is there something you did not understand???

Roy