Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Where would I find the key fob transmitter on my 2003 Ford…

Customer Question
Where would I find...

Where would I find the key fob transmitter on my 2003 Ford F250

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

New battery. took apart and cleaned inside of key fob. I can lock the doors and the panic alarm will work. It is just the unlock button that does not work

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/31/2017
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 8 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

have you tried the re learning procedure??? I doubt it is the transmitter since the other functions are working. it may be the fob itself. I will get the procedure for you.

Roy

procedure

REMOTE TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING

NOTE: All keyless entry remote transmitters must be programmed at the same time.
Programming (or reprogramming) the keyless entry remote transmitters into the vehicle security module can be accomplished using a diagnostic tool or by carrying out the following steps.

1. NOTE: Before programming the remote transmitters, the vehicle has to be unlocked. Prior to storing the first transmitter identification code (TIC) received, the module must erase TIC and rolling codes for all previously programmed keyfobs. Up to four keyfobs can programmed to the vehicle security module.

Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, ending in RUN. If the vehicle security module has successfully entered the program mode, it will lock and unlock all the doors.

2. Press any button on a keyless entry remote transmitter, and the doors will lock then unlock to confirm that each keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed.

3. If the door locks do not respond for any keyless entry remote transmitter, wait for several seconds and press the button again.

4. To exit the TIC programming mode one of the following must occur: the ignition switch is turned to the OFF position; 20 seconds has elapsed since programming the receipt of a TIC; or 4 TICs have been programmed to the receiver. Exiting is acknowledged by locking and unlocking the vehicle if at least one TIC has successfully programmed to the vehicle security module.