Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ihave a Ford Ranger 4.0 I just got this code what. I just…

Customer Question
Ihave a Ford Ranger...

Ihave a Ford Ranger 4.0 I just got this code what

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I just changed the maf sensor

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
12/31/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

What code did you get and what did you do to correct it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got a PO175 code I just changed the MAF sensor 3 or 4 days ago I just cleared it want to know how to fix it if it comes back

so the truck is running ok and there are no problems now, you just want to know how to fix it if it returns?

ill get you that information what year us the truck?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2004

HA10 DTCS P0171, P0172, P0174 AND P0175: FUEL SYSTEM AT THE CORRECTED FUEL TRIM

• Fuel system DTC reference list:
    • Bank 1 = DTCs P0171 (lean) and P0172 (rich).
    • Bank 2 = DTCs P0174 (lean) and P0175 (rich).
  • CHECK the intake air system for leaks, obstructions and damage.
  • Check the air cleaner for blockage.
  • Verify the customer did not run out of fuel.
  • Verify clean sufficient fuel.
  • Verify the integrity of the PCV system.
  • CHECK for disconnected spark plug wires.
  • Check for vacuum leaks.

Those are all the checks that cause that code to happen including the MAF

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you

Sure thing if you run into any problems or snags let me know and log back onto this question, it wont cost any extra, its covered under the original fee.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician