Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2016 f-150 5.liter motor and it's cold even with…

Customer Question
I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 f-150 5.liter motor and it's cold even with the heater going full out at -37 c

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

I bought this vehicle in march .it has 20000 k

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing it just asking question as to why it's cold in the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I put a canvas in front of rad, but that don't help any

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/31/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

With those temps you will prob have to remove the thermostat to get it to warm up

Remove thermostat .I thought there for rising the water temperature so to have heat?

the sentence didnt go though, it was supposed to say remove and install higher rated thermostat

There's already a 290 in there how much higher can you go

you may have to go back to a 190 200 and bypass the radiator completely

I meant 190 so the next up is 200
How do you bypass the rad

you can connect both hoses together from top and bottom

Didn't know you can do this howling could a person leave it like that and how do you pug the rad with what
How long

you can do anything, I would leave it that way until you notice temps going above normal and then go back to the radiator

I would also check anf flush the heater core just to be sure its not clogged

I just bought this new in march of this year, don't think the core will be clogged . It's cold even when it's idling

what did the dealer say?

Didn't take it there yet

well you have a few options now, let me know how it turns out

hows it coming?