Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford truck 2004 truck just shut off while idling now no

Customer Question
Ford truck 2004 truck...

Ford truck 2004 truck just shut off while idling now no power to anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Constant no power even hooked up booster cables and still no power

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Ford?

F 150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Check fusescanr seem to find any blown but don't know exactly which ones to check

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When key is shut off there is a clicking sound behind drivers seat

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like you have a main fuse blown, you need to check all the fuses in the underhood location