Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need to get the rear tail light out of 2017 F150 raptor.

Customer Question
Need to get the...

Need to get the rear tail light out of 2017 F150 raptor. removed the 2 8mm screws, but the tail light will not budge? help

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

No.... unable to get the assembly out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am installing a swing box and need to get to the inside of the light housing. lights are fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2016_Ford_F-150_Platinum_5.0L_V8_FlexFuel/lights/brake_light

Here is the procedure for that in video form

hows it coming?