Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What is the purpose of transmission speed sensors on an 08…

Customer Question
What is the purpose...

What is the purpose of transmission speed sensors on an 08 Ford Escape? It runs fine no problem but check engine light is on and was diagnosed at Auto Zone as a bad speed sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't done anything. I had a spare key made and when they programed it the check engine light came on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The power train light comes and goes also.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Can you tell me the actual fault code you are getting when they scanned it?

Are you having any transmission shift concerns?

I don't know what the code was. Auto Zone guy did it. Transmission is fine.

Usually, if you have a speed sensor issue you will also have a transmission shift concern or even an ABS concern. Can you get me the actual fault code?

I'll try

Okay if you can get it, post back with it here and I will advise from there.

ok

Okay, I'm here when you're ready.