Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It cranks but wont start. I changed spark plugs it started…

Customer Question
It cranks but wont...

It cranks but wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?

Yes I changed spark plugs it started right up drove for 2 days and wont start again

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

97 ford 150 4.2 eng.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself changed sparkplugs and fuel filter new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that it was running after changing the spark plugs and now its back to doing the same thing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 7 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Have you checked for spark and fuel while cranking?

If so, does the engine have spark? Does it run on starting fluid?

it has spark and it wont start when spraying starter fluid

Thank you for that information. Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

How did you check for spark?