Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What isnt lol..........it starts up no problem.....but

Customer Question
What isnt lol..........it starts...

What isnt lol..........it starts up no problem.....but something smokin under hood......was driving good, then it lost all kinds of power.....and the battery was hooked up backwards........

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Flucuates

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Ford escape 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im no mechanic.....havent got any idea what im doin, know very little......i think coils are bad at least 1

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not sure yet lol

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 6 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

What exactly is smoking under the hood?

Is the check engine light on?

Are there any codes in the computer?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?