Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I locked my keys in my Ford Fusion while running and don't…

Customer Question
I locked my keys...

I locked my keys in my Ford Fusion while running and don't know the keyless entry code. Can it be reset outside the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

The Fob is in the locked car

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Fusion?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to see if I can access through the keyless entry. I don't think the code was ever changed when I purchased the vehicle but can't access since it is locked

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Unfortunately, you are not going to be able to reset the keyless entry code without knowing the old code. The only option you have if the car is locked would be to contact your local towing company and have them come out with there lockout service and they can use a Slim Jim to access the lock in the door and get it open for you.