Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It stumbles sometimes going uphill or accelerating, but not…

Customer Question
It stumbles sometimes going...

It stumbles sometimes going uphill or accelerating, but not always, just sporadically.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

The truck is 2004, don't know if the transmission is also 2004. I haven't checked the fuel filters. I will get someone to do that.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Ford Escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I have only added ATF because it was low and it seemed to maybe be a shifting problem, but other times it is fine shifting.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't know. What else would he/she need to know?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This stumble, does it feel like the vehicle has the hiccups and is jerking sporadically?

Does it seem to occur worse above 45 mph and in overdrive when it is bogging down very close to wanting to downshift?

It can be. From a stop or while driving. I thought it might be the tires because they are on the low side, but then it happened while accelerating. It shuttered as you said once as well.

Is the SUV 4x4?

Are all tires the same brand, size, age, and tread depth?

The issue that stands out the most that brought you here, when is that noticed most (what driving condition)?

No phone call. 4/4. This is too awkward. Will try something else. Thanks.

Okay, best of luck to you, sorry you were not pleased with the help you were getting and have already paid for.