Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 F250 6L and rear cab sliding window is non-operative,

Customer Question
2007 F250 6L and...

2007 F250 6L and rear cab sliding window is non-operative, no cable on passenger side.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i do most work on it. Have not done anything yet, as I was looking for instructions on how to get to the motor assembly, and re-attach or replace broken wire cable.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Had to look. 62275, automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just this one problem. thx.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
12/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician replied 3 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician

Hello. I am not sure I follow what you need, Have you removed the rear trim panel or is that what you need? what do you mean by no cable on passenger side?

The sliding electric power window in the middle of the rear of the cab has stopped functioning. The motor turns on and then bogs down in a second or two. this sliding window is moved by two small wire cables, one on the drivers side of the window, and a second on the passenger side. I do not see the one on the passenger side, which means I have to get access to the space behind the rear seats under the window to find out what has happened and repair it, probably a snapped cable.
I don't have time to do it now. Just looking for instruction material. I also want this to be a one time fee, not any subscription.

Thanks, ***** ***** am aware of the system so it sound like you have not removed the back panel to gain access. I do not control the fees etc. JA does that. Just do not do member signup I suppose. I will send what Information I can gather to you shortly

Ok, I'll check for it on email. thanks

Ok, All I can do is attach these 3 files. They are NOT in a certain order, One shows the trim panel., another shows sub file to trim panel and one for the motor cable assembly etc. These are Ford factory files I have access to

They are in .pdf format

yes, could be a stripped cable and the cable is binding but as you know, you need to get to it to confirm and repair

Please Rate my service by using the stars at the top of the page. Just Answer does not compensate me for my time

and resources . Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and

subscription questions still require a service rating
Thank you so much!

Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician