Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 f 150. the heater doesnt work and there is a whistle…

Customer Question
2001 f 150. the...

2001 f 150. the heater doesnt work and there is a whistle when driving

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No leaks, havent checked coolant, but there is no overheating

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 Ford?

150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Cleaned air filter

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

When the engine is warmed up, can you feel both heater hoses at the firewall and tell me if both of them are hot or not, or if one is hot and one is cold? thank you.

I will check it out, I can’t get to it for about an hour . I’ll let you know when I do. Thanks

Alright, sounds good. check those and let me know what you find there. thanks.