Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

The fuse #23 of the out site box is blow out went i put a…

Customer Question
The fuse #23 of...

The fuse #23 of the out site box is blow out went i put a newone

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

F150 2000 4.6L v8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
12/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The common cause for the fuse #23 to blow in most cases is caused by a shorted harness to the HO2S sensors. Start with inspecting all HO2S sensor wiring pigtails for possibly melting or shorting out on the exhaust manifold or pipe or rubbing on the front driveshaft. If this checks okay then, check the circuits of the Canister Vent solenoid for possibly shorting on a sharp piece of sheet metal near the fuel tank and check the wiring harness near the dipstick tube on the side of the transmission. The common cause it the HO2S sensor harness so be sure to take a very close look at it.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician