Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

03 ford explorer hatch will not open in cold weather.

Customer Question
03 ford explorer hatch...

03 ford explorer hatch will not open in cold weather

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Turning heat on full blast in car sometimes helps

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Just had it checked no leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Will turning on defrost hatch help?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This should boil down to a weak door lock actuator within the rear liftgate to blame for this concern. When cold that is when it is hardest for it to move, that is why heat is helping to resolve it.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris