Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Turns over but will not start. We have replaced the

Customer Question
Turns over but will...

Turns over but will not start. We have replaced the batteries, oil sending unit, alternator. Made sure it has diesel. Twice now the truck has been running and hit a bump, then wouldn't start again. Last time it died, I towed him home which was harrowing to say the least. He has checked all the wires going to the trailer, found one with bare wires and fixed that. The computer isn't throwing any codes and when it was running had the volts needed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 F250 6.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

See above

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What does this service cost?

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Ford Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

How much is the rest? We are retired. My husband just had another back surgery so funds are very limited.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has been 30 minutes. Are you still looking for answers?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dave took the positive cables off then took a test light from the positive cable to the positive post and it lite up. Does this mean there is a short somewhere? It has been over 50 minutes waiting for any answer from the mechanic. Is this normal wait time?
12/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ray M., Ford Master Tech replied 1 month ago
Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech

Is it cranking over good but just wont fire and run?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is correct

Do you know what the ICP(injection control pressure) is when cranking it over? I suspect a hig pressure oil leak or pump failure.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I dont.

If you could have that done it would eliminate a lot of causes for the no start condition.

Ford Mechanic: Ray M., Ford Master Tech replied 22 days ago

Still need help?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician