Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 f-450 with a 6.4 and started hearing a hissing…

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 f-450 with a 6.4 and started hearing a hissing sound about 3 weeks ago and assumed it was an exhaust leak on one of the braided exhaust down pipes. Figured I'd go after this in the spring, as the truck seamed to run fine. Just hooked the trailer up today to head north and seamed a bit sluggish and eventually got real sluggish and stalled. I pulled over and attempted to start the truck several times....finally it started (almost normal sounding) power was back, although I decided to turn around and head back home...shortly after it started getting sluggish again (loosing power) and then the check engine light came on. I was able to get it into the garage and have started poking around on line to diagnose the problem. Thinking EGR valve?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F450 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i'll fix it myself......have't tried anything yet figured I'd look around on line before I dive in

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 7 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

First things you should do is to check the lower fuel filter and have the codes checked.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!