Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I want to fill gas but the vapor hose keeps on stop or

Customer Question
I want to fill...

I want to fill gas but the vapor hose keeps on stop or disconnect from filling what do you think the problem is

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Thank you '

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
12/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** *****? model? engine size?

2010. Ford Explorer XLT. 4000cc engine
Ford Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, this is caused by the canister vent valve staying closed. It's located on the rear fremrail by the tank. I'll post how to replace it below.